Over the last month, we have been subject to a wonderful abundance in Basil. Hubby planted several plants in an area I like to affectionately call “The Garden” and when I sent him out for something to inspire dinner, he returned with this.
I had hoped for some Basil but never expected this. Thankfully, I had purchased Pine nuts and was ready to make take on the Challenge.
It is a quick, easy, set it and forget it type recipe that always comes out amazing!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 6-10 garlic cloves, minced
- Pork Loin
- Salt to taste
- Coat cookie sheet with a bit of Olive oil and place Pork Loin in the center of the cookie sheet
- Add Basil, Parmesan, Pine nuts, garlic and a pinch of salt (to taste) to a food processor and blend.
- Slowly drizzle in Olive Oil while it's running.
- Stop once it's reaches paste consistency.
- Use Spatula or large spoon to create Basil Crust on top of Pork Loin.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 2 hours or until it reaches 145 degrees.
We served it with Rice and Beans although I think I prefer it with mashed potatoes, but the preference is up to you.
We decided there was too much for just us and invited the neighbors and received raving thumbs ups on the recipe!
If you try it, Do let us know how it came out!
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site. For more information, please see our disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting The Tattooed Homestead.